Wednesday 20 March 2013

Artists that inspire me: Holly Sierra

Holly Sierra lives in Vermont, and calls herself an earthy artist, who loves to create goddess and nature paintings.


I, of course, am mostly drawn to her goddess paintings.


I love the bold colours, the delicate hands, the graceful postures ....


Holly paints in acrylics on canvas or watercolor paper. She loves detail and patterning, which is obvious in her art.


She likes the singer Loreena McKennitt, and I must say that her art fits the music of Loreena very well! It has the same dreamlike, soft and peaceful atmosphere.


Her work has been published by several publishers over the years, and she is currently working on her new children's book illustrations.


If you want to see more of her work, you can visit her website, her Facebook and her Etsyshop. Lots more to see there! Hope you enjoyed this artist's work as much as I do! 

Meanwhile, I have had my first sale in my Etsyshop!! Woohoo! You might be confused, because I had one sale already, but that was just my hubby who bought a card of me because I wanted to know how it worked exactly and what kind of emails the buyer and the seller (aka me☺) would get. So that was not a "real" sale, but more like fieldwork ;-)

But now I've had my first real sale and it was so exciting! Hope many more will follow!
Which brings me to my big Etsy-promotion-plan. I've decided to put up my Linkylist somewhere next week, and the whole month of April people can sign up to be a part of it. And in the month of May everbody who signed up will be promoting 4 different shops, and will be promoted on 4 different blogs (maybe 5, since May has almost 5 weeks ....). Details will follow so keep an eye out for them.

This way people who have an inactive shop at the moment will also be able to participate. I'm looking forward to this, it should be fun!

I'll finish with another doodle. I hope during the Easter holidays I will find the peace and quiet again to make some more of these. Now I only work on them when I'm doing my shift at the art gallery, which is only one day a month.


That's it for now! Thanks so much for visiting. I'll be back on Friday with (hopefully) a finished painting. I'll definitely start earlier than last week ☺

hugs ♥ ♥ ♥

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to Holly Sierra-her art is beautiful. Congratulations on your sale-hope you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie doodle heb je gemaakt, leuk in combinatie met de tekst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first sale! Holy's work is gorgeous! I love all the detail and patterning in it, thanks for sharing it here.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Holly Sierra´s Art...I love it! Your doodle is amazing and the quote is so funny ;)) AND of course I wish you many many more sales ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allereerst proficiat Denise met je eerste verkoop. Wat ontzettend gaaf!! En bedankt dat je weer zo'n geweldige kunstenares met ons deelt. Mooie schilderijen!
    Ik vind je doodle ook weer heel erg mooi. Wat heeft ze weer een knap gezichtje en de tekst is weer erg gevat.
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the sale Denise... awesome... and adore Holly's work... beautiful and tranquil art.... gorgeous doodle too... love that there are so many different elements to it..

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for shasring Holly's work and I absolutely love your new doodle♥♥♥ Your etsy promotion idea is fantastic and I wish you all the best of luck. One of these days I truly must start up my shop and see if I can do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Denise, isn't Holly's work magnificent, i absolutley adore the painting of woman holding bird, love the colours. Now, i wonder who the first buyer was in your Etsy shop!!!!! thanks for sharing this artist's work with us

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello,

    your piece is wonderful! I love all the details in it.

    thank you for introducing us to this wonderful artist, it is a joy to see her art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !