Monday 15 October 2012

Calendar girls

I'm having fun with putting my sketches together with my in-progress-paintings as background, and then searching for an appropriate text / poem / quote to go with it. Since I will use these to make a calendar that I want to sell, I need to make sure that there's no copyright infringement. So now I'm looking into quotes and poetry from authors that have died at least 70 years ago ... Takes a lot of work! How I wish I could write my own poetry ....

Anyway: here are some old sketches that I coloured in  and gave a background. Not sure yet whether I'll leave them like this for the calendar ...


Aren't those background colours yummy!? It's so nice that I can use pictures of the different stages of my paintings in other work. This is a very big advantage of working with many layers ☺ I have loads of them since I did Flora's class!


And here's another one-liner !


Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back on Wednesday with another inspiring artist! ♥

13 comments:

  1. Love your calendar girls!!! That one liner is a stitch :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your calendar girls, too! Ah, that Coleridge quote is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calendar girls are lovely!! The backgrounds are amazing - I wanted to take the Flora Bowley class - maybe the next one -
    Your one-liner girls get better and better!!
    I truly LOVE all your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't they beautiful? your sketches are divine Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your calendar girls. And it is so great that you are finding a place for these yummy backgrounds. Absolutely LOVE that one liner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denthe, your work is FABULOUS. Your girls are just awesome... love the quotes, love what you did with the backgrounds. I haven't been here in a while but looks like i have some catching up to do. That painting of the woman with the bubbles is AMAZING too! Beautiful work. So fun to see everything here.. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look beautiful and wonderful quotes to match. I am sure this will be a wonderful calender!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most excellent, Denthe! I want to encourage you to begin what I've started. I began a document on my computer titled "An'Angelia Quotes". I try to remember to leave it open on the computer, and on the rare occasion that I think something profound, I type it into the document. (I think I'm up to 4 quotes- LOL) You KNOW how many things we think about when we're painting! :o) Big hugs to you, and good luck with your calender sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow schitterend! wat een leuke calendar girls heb je gemaakt zeg! Met die quotes erbij zijn ze helemaal geweldig! Ik ben gelijk volger geworden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful drawings/paintings. That would be rather difficult to find quotes from someone who has died at least 70 years ago. Quite the task, but a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful so stunning lovely! You are good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !