Sunday 26 February 2012

Day 26: Not really satisfied with this

I made another "gut"-painting. I saw 2 figures emerging out of the background and had to paint them. But now that they're done, I don't really like it. I don't know why, I guess I'll just have to leave it alone for a while, and maybe then, when I look at it with fresh eyes again, I might know what's wrong, and more importantly: what to do about it.

But for now, they'll have to do...

It's painted on a canvas, I might call it: "where do we go from here?" Thought that's a fitting title for it ...

5 comments:

  1. We cannot make beutiful art every day. Ehehehe!!
    Some paintings satisfie us, some other not. This is amaing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that pale yellow/green boomerang shape between the two as the figure on the left's arm bent and lifting to caress the face on the right. There's definitely emotion there. It's good to come back to it with fresh eyes another day :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh but I really like them and you can see they came from the gut that is why they are so nice! Sometimes when you come back to it at a later stage things feel different..
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is amazing Denthe... I love how they have emerged from the background... almost like they have just stepped out of it... and could just as easily disappear back into it ... beautiful work...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it as it is, so pure and full of hope !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !