Saturday 28 January 2012

Surfing again

I have been surfing on the internet again, watching all those beautiful blogs and getting inspired. And I decided to challenge myself again. I signed up for the 2012 challenge of Fordie Fresh, which basically involves the same challenge I set myself at the start of this year, and the start of this blog actually. Which is: trying to draw every day. Or paint. Or do something creative. And post about it.

And while I was going, I also signed up for the 29 faces challenge of Ayala Art. I managed to put the button on my blog, yesss! Now I'll just have to figure out how to add a label to my posts. Since the 2 challenges kind of overlap eachother (I usually draw faces anyway), I hope I'll be able to keep up.

I made some more lyrics-girls, but I feel it's time to do other things again as well. Just don't know what yet, there are so many ideas fighting for attention in my head. And I really need to make new things to sell at art markets. I sold most things before I left Belgium, and now I want to start doing art markets again. Which is a bit difficult if you have nothing to sell ...

I'm thinking of turning these lyricsgirls into postcards. That could be a start ... Although, then you have the problem with copyrights for the lyrics again. I'm always bumping into this problem, since I love to use poetry and quotes and lyrics in my work and share it with other people. I should start writing my own poetry, but alas, that's a talent that I don't possess. Anybody out there that knows the solution?

lyrics of Evanescence, markers and watercolours

lyrics of Tori Amos, markers and watercolours

lyrics of Tonny Makem, markers and watercolours

6 comments:

  1. Hi! First, I love the 3 pieces you have here! Nice soft colors, and great words, Beautiful!

    And second, I wanted to tell you about labels, you mentioned you don't know how to do that yet? When you are typing your text, in the right column, there's a menu. In that menu you see "labels" which are the tags that allow people to see the same kind of post no matter the date. So type what will describe your post, like cooking, family, art, 20 faces, just make sure every concept has a comma, that means it can be 10 words, 3, or just one, but you can use that same label every time you need it, it will be showing in your label menu from now on, for you to select. You can go back to older posts to update too, if you want.
    I hope this helps! And I'm so happy you will be in the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was very helpful. Now I probably have to put a label menu in my sidebar, right? (I told you I'm a newbie). Gonna try it right now!

      Delete
  2. I really like this, such a neat style. Very nice handwriting, also. It's funny you often do faces! I do a lot of animal/beasty faces, but I have avoided human faces. Yours are so nicely done! Love the hairstyles, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy for all your nice comments. Had a look at your animal faces. They look great!

      Delete
  3. I've been reading you blog & looking at your wonderful art, it's totally cool.. anyway I'm a new follower ;) Catchya 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought of using poetry that is in the public domain for the words on cards that you want to sell? I think that would be poems where the author has been dead for 70 years or more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !